Wednesday, May 30, 2007

すみません

Hey guys, I found a couple of resources for those of us using the Pimsleur course.

First, I found a pdf of student-made notes for the first thirty lessons. These are actually really good notes, written using both romaji and kana, with definitions and additional explanations. They would be absolutely perfect, except that they are the notes for a previous edition of Japanese I (possibly 1st edition, while we are using 3rd). It appears they changed quite a bit when they revised this series. None the less, many of the words and sentence constructions match well enough to make this useful. Contact me if you need these notes.

My second find was a blog. Here, the author has chronicled his study using Pimsleur, and it is our edition! However, it is in romaji only, and it appears the author abandoned the blog after lesson 21. Still, handy reference material for those early lessons.

It would be beautiful to find a set of notes for all ninety lessons, with romaji and kana, in our edition. That, I think, will only happen if I create it. Might be a good project.

No comments: